Exclude mobile apps from Adwords Display Network campaign
Recently I noticed a huge increase on clicks in one of my client’s display network campaign. Without any change on the budget I used to get more or less 30 clicks per day while one day I noticed that the daily clicks were up to 130, weird isn’t it?
I checked the campaign thoroughly so I can find out what happened. It was easy to notice that traffic were coming from some placements starting Mobile App:…. It was easy to understand that traffic explosion has come from mobile apps, then checked the numbers and wasn’t really happy with them so I needed something to get rid of all mobile apps.
Check in various websites and some guys recommend to use Site Category exclusions while some other to use the normal placement exclusions. Some of them said placement exclusion doesn’t work properly and keep on giving clicks. Finally I decided to apply both methods to avoid these kind of clicks.
On your campaign
– click on the “Display network” tab
– click “Interests & Remarketing” tab
– at the bottom click the “Options” button under Site category options block
– choose the Excluded option on the GMob mobile app non-interstitial field
On your campaign
– click on the “Shared Library” option from the left hand side
– choose “view” from the Campaign placement exclusions block
– click on the “List” button to add a new list
– give it a name, lets say “Mobile Apps”
– Finally add the two following URLs adsenseformobileapps.com, appspot.com
anb save the list
– then check the box for the list “Mobile Apps” and click “Apply to campaigns” option and select any campaign you have on GDN.
That’s it! now your ads should be away from mobile apps.
Share your thoughts with me or any other ideas/solutions you may have.